PolifrogBlog

There is no free in liberty.


.

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Trip Stats

Some boring trip stats.

We drove 12,147.9 miles,

Bought 780.043 gals. of fuel,

got 15.573 miles/gal,

and spent aprox $2100 on all that push.

I don't count food expenses. We would have eaten whether at home or not.

Lodging totaled around $900. We did not keep records of this expense. I assumed an $18 night average over 50 days. This includes a number of free nights. We stayed at a Wal-mart twice and on a couple of occasions we could not figure out how to pay the campground and opted to wait for the morning collection from the host or ranger. They did not always show up.

$3000 total.



The MPGs would have been higher if not for the corn gas that is forced on the consumer in much of the nation. How burning more of a less efficient fuel (corn gas) is better for the environment is beyond me. More fuel has to be burned to get the same work! Bureaucratic Gov. subsidized idiocy. Did I just write idiot four times? I think so.

Oregon is the recipient of a separate complaint. My fuel expenses would have been lower if I was allowed to pump my own gas. I don't need such nannyism. Also it makes mileage checks more inaccurate, but I was able to get around it by asking for 10 or 15 gallons at a time rather than a dollar amount. I did my final fill up once I left the state.

No comments:

Post a Comment