PolifrogBlog

There is no free in liberty.


.

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Some call it slow I call it rich





I have been watching A Love Song For Bobby Long....again. Like Lost in Translation, Garden State, or The Station Agent I usually take the
time to immerse myself in the texture of these movies again and again. Sigh. I enjoy it.

Although in the case of Bobby Long, characters or real world individuals that fail to better themselves despite their abilities while maintaining an air of arrogance piss me off.


There is a final line mumbled by Bill Murry while Just Like Honey plays in the background at the end of Lost in Translation. It is utterly unintelligible. Apparently I am not the only one who found it so. I found this on Youtube. A previous translation of the whisper has been removed due to copyright infringement "I have to be leaving, but I won't let that come between us" ; perhaps it was too accurate... Whatever. It is likely best left a mystery. A wonderful scene and the mystery only adds to it.


Time to gather a crew for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment