PolifrogBlog

There is no free in liberty.


.

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Avatar

I took my oldest son, Trey, and a buddy of his to see Avatar. The kids are almost always an excellent excuse to do something (always fun) I would not otherwise do.

There seems to be a dearth of opinions concerning Avatar :) so I'll slide mine in.

Plot...A cowboys and Indians flick where the cowboys are schooled, Clint Eastwood is killed, Keven Costner falls in love with Pocahontas, then is reincarnated as a blue giant after the Erin Brockovich like environment whips up on the evil corporations. In a word...worn liberal tripe. OK , three words.

It is extreme liberalism wrapped in a stunning spectacle. Much like I enjoy Pearl Jam or Nirvana, I enjoyed the ride Avatar offered only superficially as the core is bitter. But unlike The Phantom Menace this movie does have a plot. True creativity is dead in Hollywood.

Immense superficial enjoyment. Go see it!






out

No comments:

Post a Comment