PolifrogBlog

There is no free in liberty.


.

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Socializing Individual Responsibility -- Liberals Echoing the Arizona Tragedy....

polifrog


On the Arizona shooting that we are all familiar with at this point...

Although I can accept that there is some degree of violent rhetoric in politics, I refuse to accept any degree of social responsibility for the actions of an individual.

I am not sure why this is so easy for liberals to do, but I am convinced that it is the source of much of the disagreement between the right and left over yesterday's tragedy.

Ed Cone, along with many other liberal commentators, has made it clear he believes that responsibility for yesterday's tragedy lies not just with the shooter, but with groups that lie beyond the conscience decision to perform such a terrible act.

This socializing of responsibility is a grotesque form of hate in that it accuses the innocent of a tragedy on the backs of the dead and injured.

These are not the appropriate actions of an American.

Is it no wonder that the unjustly accused howl in protest?



out

2 comments:

  1. Hi Polifrog. To answer your question I am a life-long Republican in the William F. Buckley mode who got his feet wet on Republican campaigns as a teenager in the mid1980s.

    I prefer a rational, thoughtful conservatism to the Tea Party rhetoric. I believe neo-cons are responsible for many of our problems today and have moved closer to the libertarian wing of the Republican Party. If the party goes much closer to theocracy I will leave and become independent or a Modern Whig.

    I've been friends with Bubba, Sam and Guarino for several years but I don't know most of the newer right-wing bloggers. I give Bubba and Sam a hard time because they are hard and can take it. The last few days I have been poking them to see if they will examine themselves.

    I pay most attention to state issues and foreign policy. I have a degree in European History and prefer Russian novels to watching tv.

    If you have any other questions my email is jeffreyhsykes AT gmail

    ReplyDelete