PolifrogBlog

There is no free in liberty.


.

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Love for the National Parks...

polifrog



I feel love for our National Park system. I feel similarly for our highway system. Why? My feelings for the National Park System and our Highway system both stand in stark contrast to my generally libertarian sensibilities. Neither does the federal government have the authority from a Constitutional perspective to run either the parks or the highways yet despite this I feel no intrusion, no sense that these programs cross my individuality... why?

I believe the non controversial nature of these programs both personally and nationally stems from the fact that all citizens have equal access to them and that they constitute no transfer of wealth. No one is excluded and the parks and highways weigh upon us equally.

These programs unlike their more controversial wealth shifting siblings are egalitarian. In that respect I believe these programs should be a model for our failing controversial social programs.



out

No comments:

Post a Comment