PolifrogBlog

There is no free in liberty.


.

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Why Liberals Resent the American Struggle...

polifrog



BurtPrelutski:

I can’t pretend to understand those on the Left. I don’t know why they think the way they do. Once I was being interviewed on a radio show and the host asked me if I was proud to be an American. I shocked him, and even myself a little, when I said I wasn’t. I told him that I was proud of my various grandparents, proud that they had the gumption to make their way across a continent and an ocean to get here. But what did I have to be proud of? I was simply handed a gift. I was just lucky. I won the big lottery. I got to be born an American. What I can’t fathom is why all those liberals, progressives and run-of-the-mill Democrats, don’t seem to share my sense of gratitude, harboring only resentment.

To feel a sense of gratitude for the struggles born by our forebearers in attaining the  liberty freely granted us increases  the moral difficulty of trading it away for trinkets. It is much easier for a people to trade liberty in exchange for the glass beads of government handouts when they first devalue that which they give up.

Thus, it is serves all those liberals, progressives and run-of-the-mill Democrats  to resent the American struggle.




out

No comments:

Post a Comment